1. Works directly with clients to review results, identify opportunities, follow up with questions and action items.
2. Compiles and maintains financial planning data.
3. Places trades and manages model portfolios
• Interfaces with outsourced providers for Tier 1 families and approximately 25-40 additional clients as the Senior Client Relationship Specialist.
• Attends all client meetings and follows up with client on any action items, including any alternative investment fundings (including sub-docs).
• Reviews cash balances/margin on a daily basis: covers any unintended margin balances. Discusses with advisor(s) any intentional margin balances.
• Buys and sells as directed by Advisors as directed by IC and according to a client’s IPS.
• Manages cash in client portfolios to cover the following (according to a client’s IPS), as directed/appointed by advisor(s); Quarterly fees, Capital calls, Regularly scheduled withdrawals and periodic deposit/cash inflows from investments such as capital gain distributions, dividend payments.
• Works with Advisor to execute fund terminations or fund replacements, as approved by the Investment Committee. If there is potential tax consequence, confirms with primary advisor prior to placing trades.
• Implements new client portfolio investments/trades with advisor approval, according to client/advisor mutually agreed upon implementation plan/spreadsheet.
• Instructs Operations Specialist on any alternative investments that need to be made/sub docs that need to be completed.
• Assists in managing new Alt Manager fundings.
• Manages model portfolios.
• Other projects as assigned such as tax loss harvesting.
• Oversees Orion Alternative investment data entry, performance reporting and invoicing.
• Oversees relationship with Allium’s custodians.
• Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the
safety or health of employees or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Education & Experience
This position requires a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 5 to 7 years year(s) related experience
and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience working in the financial industry.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
Certificates: Insurance certificate desirable but not required
Licenses: series 65, 66 or CFP
This position requires infrequent (up to 5% of the position) in-state and/or out-of-state travel for the purpose(s) of meeting
with clients. Travel will include overnights.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
The job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including using databases, using
spreadsheets, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicating
by e-mail, and using scheduling software. Experience with Microsoft, Orion, eMoney, Schwab, Salesforce.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers to type or dial, reach
with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. This position requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People first: Working here is less about filling a role and more about growing in your career. We value who you are and where you want to shine. At Allium, our culture drives us to care deeply about supporting clients; each of us brings our unique perspective, experience, and compassion to our work. If that resonates with you, then we’d love to meet.